CAPS II: DESIGN/BUILD SOLUTIONS FOR AGING IN PLACE & ACCESSIBILITY
INSTRUCTOR: Alan Hanbury,CGR,CAPS,CGP,GMR,MBA House of Hanbury, Inc.
There is an increasing desire among today's home owners to live in one's home as long as possible which has created a strong demand for products and services serving this audience. To help home owners make their home a safe and comfortable living environment for the long term, many responsive and innovative products are emerging. Likewise, service providers are answering this demand by focusing their businesses on creating new homes and renovations that provide design flexibility, pleasing aesthetics, high function and usability for all people, without regard to age, income or ability level, and regardless of life’s changes and challenges. The goal of this course is to enable participants to identify common challenges within the home and understand attractive design concepts that create a safe and comfortable environment for clients who want to age in place as well as identify with one or more of these groups: Individuals who are not experiencing health issues related to aging, individuals who have a progressive or other condition that requires home modifications or equipment, and individuals who are dealing with an abrupt or traumatic health-related change.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify special considerations for estimating, scheduling and executing the job while the client is in residence.
- Identify legal and contractual considerations for building professionals providing AIP design solutions for residential clients.
- Describe the categories of design and how they relate and apply to the three AIP market segments.
- Describe specific design concepts for the AIP client.
- Perform a needs assessment to identify and prioritize the needs, wants and wishes of the client
Registration fee includes resource materials, lunch & NAHB exam processing
This course qualifies for: •6 CE for AIBD •0.6 AOTA CEUs •6 AIA/CES HSW Learning Units •6 NAHB CE for: CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, Master CSP, CMP, MIRM